Sunday, December 4, 2016

November 2016

These pictures were taken the night before Grandma & Poppy left for the MTC...


As a surprise to them, the kids performed "So long, farewell" from The Sound of Music and even dressed up as the Von Trapp children!




After flying home from the MTC late on Friday the 18th, my parents drove out for their mission in Florida on Saturday the 19th. It was kind of sad to watch them drive away :(


Later that day, we took Noah and Sophie to the Gilbert temple to do baptisms for their first time! They each had found a family name to take with them. We thought that the temple would give them more but they were baptized for just one person each that day. Noah did a few more confirmations in addition to his family name.




I was so proud of this progress report Noah brought home. Everything on it was 100% besides 2 things, and those 2 things were still A's. He got a perfect behavior report also. He is such a great student!

Thanksgiving morning started out with a 5k turkey trot for me (with Suzanne - that my stake put on), dirtbike riding for Russ, neighborhood turkey bowl game for Russ and Noah, and cartoon and parade watching for Abby.

We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Sherwood family and Grandma and Poppy's house even though they weren't there. The only thing missing besides them was the turkey. haha!! We originally planned to not even eat Thanksgiving food which is how the name "junks-giving" came about. However, we decided that we did in fact want all the good Thanksgiving carbs, but nobody cared to prepare or eat turkey. The new lightbox that Christy gave me for my birthday as a hit...






We took this picture to send my parents as a joke... that we were all slumber party-ing in their bed while they were gone. The lightbox says "it's wonka time" because the grandparents in the original Willy Wonka movie all share a bed.

I take Noah to a doctor in North Scottsdale / Phoenix every 3 months and I always get very sleepy at the wheel. It's hard for me to stay awake on that long of a drive during the middle of the day. I guess both kids felt as tired as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment